Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 2 Progress

#34- Memorize the state capitals..... D-O-N-E!!!  Katie and I spent the drive home from Tybee Island practicing and now I have them all completely embedded in my brain.  Thank goodness weird memory tricks work for me.  Examples: Jefferson was a miserable president (Jefferson, Missouri) and I went gambling with Carson (Carson City, Nevada).  Jackson went swimming in the Mississippi River (Jackson, Mississippi).  My favorite has to be "You, you got what I "N-D" (instead of 'need')... (Bismark, ND).  Do you get it?  Bizmarki (sp?) sings that song... get it?

#1- Read 60 fiction books.  I finished my first book and have started my second.  Both are about serial killers... Am I sick? 

#23- Cook 10 recipes from our cookbook.  Well, it wasn't from our cookbook, but we cooked Piper's Chicken Dip.  I had a moment of digust over the uncooked chicken and a mild case of paranoia that we weren't going to fully cook every piece of shredded chicken... I am pretty ridiculous because cooked the chicken AND then baked the dip so there was no way that a piece was not perfectly cooked.  The finished product was soooo good.  Thank you, Piper the Dip-Master!  My next recipe is going to probably be Delaney's Sausage Dip.  Yes, they are both dips.  I'll eventually graduate to real meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment